Customizing the DYMO Templates
There may be situations where you want to customize the CellarTracker label template, for example, to fit a different label size or include additional text/images on the label. These instructions will show you how to download and customize a label template for use when printing your labels.
Customized label templates are an advanced feature intended for technical users.
- It's best to start off by modifying one of the existing label definitions. Choose the one that's closest to the size/type of the label you'd like to print, and download it to your computer. It is important that you save the label files with the same name as they have when they are downloaded.
Label Type/Size URL DYMO 30336/11352 (per-bottle) http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/barcode.label DYMO 30252/30320 (per-bottle) http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/30320.label Dual-Perforated [New size] (per-bottle) http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/dualnew.label Dual-Perforated [Old size] (per-bottle) http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/dual.label Location and Bin Labels http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/bin.label Per-Wine and Size http://www.cellartracker.com/dymo/wineid.label
- Open the downloaded label in the latest version of the DYMO Label Software and modify as appropriate. Do NOT delete any of the named objects (BARCODE, WINENAME, INFOTEXT) or you will break the printing.
- When you're done with your modifications, put the modified file into \Program Files\CellarTracker on Windows or /Applications/CellarTracker on a Mac. The site will try to load and use these local templates first.
- Users of Windows Vista and later will need to change the file permissions of the CellarTracker folder to allow a user called “Everyone” to have full control.
- You can (and should) test that you've modified the labels correctly by using our diagnostic web page hosted at https://www.cellartracker.com/dymo.asp. Look at the debug output when clicking the Check Installation button; if it shows that it loaded the custom template from disk, make sure to change the label type drop-down to match the template you are using, and then click the Print Test Labels button to verify the template is correct.